Skip to main content

Outside Work From Sixth Formers



Daveriel Purugganan is an artist and in his spare time he likes to create art either digitally or by hand. He says that ‘he likes to sit and draw whatever comes to mind’. It is something he likes to take up in his spare time.


Sadun De Silva is a filmmaker and he is working on a film called ‘Cartel’. The trailer has officially come out. The release date is July 12th and he says ‘the support he has received amazing’, hitting over 500 views. Acting in the film are stars Jazib Jawed, Shauns Shibu, Milosz Chrobak and Oskar Bzducha as well as other actors outside from school.

Ryan Doyle is also directing his own short films which are filmed by Sadun De Silva. His first film to come out is called ‘Horticultural Homicide’. He says that ‘it is still in the works but will be done before next term.’ Acting in the film are stars Connor Connoly, Rafael Silva and more!


Last season the Cowley Warriors football team had won the cup final.The score was 1-0. In the team we have known players Reggie Bourke (as captain), Kieran Pusey, Rui Fonseca and Marwan. Set to join the team next season is Milosz Chrobak.

Caitlin Ochana is an athlete and here are a few words from herself - 'I’m Caitlin and I am an athlete. I do 100m ,200m and 4X100 relay; my current times for 100 and 200 is 12.7 and 27.8(hopefully this year I get a PB!). I’ve been doing athletics for 5 years now. My dad was the one who inspired me to run as he was a national athlete himself. I started athletics thinking I wasn’t going to be good at it, now I’m represent my county each year for the championships and I’m on the team to compete in the Southern Athletics Team. Training four to five times a week is tough especially when you have school work but once I got used to organising myself especially during A Levels, I still managed to train.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We will rock you Interview

Interview with the 'We will rock you' cast members. 1) What has your role been in the show? What has this entailed? Jessie McColm :  I played the part of Meatloaf in the show, which consisted of a few lines and songs. Most of my scenes were in act one, and I also had my own solo.  Jamie Quirke:  I played Brit, one of the main roles!! It was full of lots of singing, dancing and acting. Harrison Deas:  I was the male lead in the show, Galileo Figaro. This meant that I had to take a leadership role as one of the oldest members of the cast. As well as setting an example, I also had to help the younger cast members feel comfortable acting, singing and dancing in front of people they didn't know, which meant developing relationships where they could come to me if they needed advice. 2) What's your favourite thing about the performance? Jessie : My favourite thing was hanging out and having fun with the other cast members, especially during the full day re
Welcome to our first Douay Sixth Form blog post, run by sixth formers for sixth formers! We aim to keep you up to date with everything, whether it's academic opportunities or simply sports. If you have any suggestions in what you would like to hear about then make sure to inform us in the comment section below.